Upstream Ottawa Mental Health Community Support is a charitable organization that provides community based mental health supports for adults and youth.
Offering adults, youth and their families the community-based supports and services they need to rebuild lives affected by persistent mental illness
We provide many valuable programs to the community for which we are not Publicly funded. The legacy of these programs is completely dependent upon your generosity.
• ‘The UPSTREAM MODEL’: on/off campus mental health support services to youth (16-24) at Algonquin College & Carleton University
• Back to School/Back to Work program: providing financial support in aiding our consumers to engage in educational and vocational opportunities in order to support their recovery and independence
• The Upstream Psychiatric Assessment Clinic (Operated in conjunction with the Royal Ottawa Hospital): making psychiatric assessments accessible to local general practitioners and their patients
• Housing: 14 single and 2 group living units require furnishings and maintenance on an ongoing basis!
• 1st Connections: a monthly luncheon designed to provide a safe place to expand social networks and promote the recovery of a marginalized and isolated clientele.
We work collaboratively with our community and as such we receive referrals from many community agencies such as:
• The Royal Ottawa Hospital
• Youth Services Bureau
• The Canadian Mental Health Association
• The Ottawa Hospital
• Algonquin College
• Carleton University
• Various Community Health Centre’s and G.P’s